Top 10 Natural Detox Tips
The natural health researchers at Institute for Vibrant Living (IVL) have investigated the natural methods available for cleansing and detoxifying the body. Here is their report:
The natural process of detoxification in the body involves the blood, bowels, kidneys, lungs, liver and skin.
The liver filters and removes impurities from the blood,
The kidneys and bowels eliminate harmful substances through body waste,
The lungs filter dangerous particles that we breathe
The skin removes impurities through the pores
A threat to any part of these processes can affect the whole body.
Top 10 Natural Detoxify Tips
1. Eat fiber – Foods that are high in fiber act as natural cleansers and detoxifiers and slow the rate at which the body absorbs sugar, keeping blood sugar levels steady. Health professionals recommend consumption of 20 to 30 grams of fiber daily for good health. Good sources of fiber are whole grains, brown rice, organically grown fresh fruits and vegetables, beans, nuts, seeds and spices like cinnamon, basil, cloves and black pepper.
2. Drink water – If the body is not properly hydrated, the kidneys pass extra work to the liver and other organs causing stress, which compromises the process of purifying the blood. Drink at least 64 ounces of pure or filtered water daily to enhance your health. Proper amounts of water can improve the complexion, boost digestion, relieve aches and pains, enhance the metabolism, and renew vitality and energy.
3. Don’t be a Lush – When ingested, alcohol is absorbed by the stomach, enters the bloodstream and travels to all body tissues. Large amounts ingested over time can cause damage to the brain and liver. Women who drink during pregnancy can give birth to babies with fetal alcohol syndrome, which can result in mental retardation and other physical problems. In addition, a new study from England indicates that one alcoholic drink per day is linked to breast cancer in 11 of every 1,000 women, increasing with each additional daily drink.
4. Herbs work – Herbal cleanses are a great idea when a specific organ needs detoxification. In addition, herbs provide vitamins, minerals and enzymes for optimum nutrition. Herbs can be purchased as teas, powders or extracts.
5. Balance your pH – Look into alkalizing foods or supplements like wheat grass, barley grass and lemon grass to naturally balance the pH levels (acid vs. alkaline) in your body. This helps to purify the blood and remove undigested fats and toxins from the liver. In addition, balancing pH levels can increase energy, improve the complexion and enhance digestion!
6. Zeolite to the rescue! – Zeolite is a porous microscopic mineral made from volcanic ash and sea salt that has tremendous detoxifying potential. Sold in liquid, powder and tablet form, this mineral contains a honeycomb structure that is negatively charged, which attracts and binds harmful substances (they are positvely charged) that are then safely excreted through the urine. (Note- Zeolite Chelate 528 is a liquid product from Institute for Vibrant Living that performs this ingenious feat!) To learn more, visit IVLProducts.com
7. Colon cleanse – This natural process clears large quantities of stagnant, toxic waste trapped on colon walls. Look for herbal formulations. Many enthusiasts claim that yearly colon cleansing improves vitality in the body, boosts the immune system, enhances mental outlook and supports weight loss.
8. Eliminate pesky parasites! Symptoms of parasite infestation include abdominal pain, constipation, anemia, fatigue, digestive problems, dizziness and joint pain, to name a few. To cleanse the body of parasites, try munching on pumpkin or peppermint seeds or try wormwood, pink root or black walnut supplements.
9. Eliminate stress! Stress triggers the body to release stress hormones into the bloodstream, which are deterrents to good health. Large quantities of these hormones can create toxins in the body and can slow the action of enzymes in the liver. Try prayer, meditation, yoga, or tai chi or even listen to an old 1950’s and 60’s easy listening pop record (Johnny Mathis, Dean and Frank, etc.) to purge stress from the body.
10. Hydrotherapy feels good – Water contact with the human body detoxifies naturally through the pores and supports a healthy immune system. Try taking a very hot shower for five minutes, then follow with the coldest possible setting for 30 seconds. Repeat for two additional cycles and then relax in bed for 30 minutes (You’ll probably doze off into a peaceful slumber).
At least one of these natural tips should provide some natural detoxification for your tired body.
Remember, Detoxification can eliminate impurities allowing health and wellness to take hold and thrive!
David Flores is a natural health researcher for Institute for Vibrant Living, a leading source for all-natural supplements, vitamins, and minerals for many health and nutrition challenges. To learn more about the products offered by the Institute for Vibrant Living visit http://www.ivlproducts.com
If you found this helpful you might like to visit http://www.theivl.org where you’ll find more free healthy living articles to help improve your health today.